Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm so clueless!

Ok- so the title of this post could be taken many different ways. And most of them would be correct. However, this time, I am referring to how clueless I am about how to effectively blog and position myself to get my name out there.

Before I started blogging, I thought all you did was post a blog and then let people find you. Now, I hadn't really thought about HOW those people would find you- I just assumed they would. Now I am learning about all the different ways you should be blogging in order to get your name and information find.

Of course, there is Twitter and Facebook, but there are also sites and blogs dedicated to helping you make the most out of your blog. This is one good site that was passed on to me by a fellow Disney Dream Depot member and a roomie of mine for the Disney Social Media Moms conference coming up.
http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/up-the-ante-by-taking-bold-actions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+smartpassiveincome+%28Smart+Passive+Income%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
Also, Chris Brogan is has written several books that are considered near bibles for social media.

Now- I have to admit, I haven't done any of the things recommended in website above, nor have I read any of Chris Brogan's books. But, at least now, I'm starting to have a clue about everything I don't know. I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or not. In some ways, it's so much easier to just be clueless...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I hear you! I created a website a couple years ago and only this week, do I realize how absolutely clueless I have been and still am! I wish I was there in Orlanda with you so I can soak it all up!

    ReplyDelete