Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The perfect weekend

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a very planned person. I have the big "Mommy" calendar on the fridge and I know what I am doing when. Not that I'm not spontaneous, but I don't usually do big things spur-of-the-moment.

Well, over Memorial Day weekend, the family and I did something spontaneous- and it was great! Friday night, we booked a two night stay in NYC for Saturday and Sunday nights. We had no plans at the time. All I knew is that I wanted to see Central Park. Other than that, the plan was just to walk around NYC.

Well, we got to see quite a bit of Central Park on Sunday. We discovered a great little playground there that had a wonderful stone slide. We explored the zoo. We rode the carousel. We went rowing on the lake. We played on the 3 acre playground.


Then, Sunday night, we met a Twitter friend (@JimGarth) and his family for dinner. They rearranged some of their plans to meet us in NYC and introduced us to a wonderful pizza place called John's Pizzeria.


Over all, I wouldn't change one single thing about the weekend. It was the perfect weekend.


3 comments:

  1. One More Time..... #Morons do better on land then on water!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I loved looking at your pics on fb! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete